- About Us
- The Teams
- The Match
Website last updated: 28 Mar, 2015 @ 10:21
ABOUT WYTHENSHAWE TOWN F.C:
Formed in 1946, and playing at Hough End Fields on Princess Road, Withington, Wythenshawe Town was originally known as North Withington FC, but was eventually re-named in 1987 after a few seasons at their new ground in Wythenshawe which was named Ericstan Park as a tribute to Eric Reynard and Stan orme who were prime movers in the club's early days.
After a long period in the Lancashire and Cheshire League the club joined the Manchester League in 1974 and the Wythenshawe Town Football Club senior section now has two teams in the Manchester League and one in the Wythenshawe Sunday League.
In 2014, Wythenshawe moved from the Manchester League to the Cheshire League 2, a league with representatives from Altrincham, Witton Albion and many more.
Lee McGregor took charge of the squad in the pre-season preceeding the 2014/15 season.